Wednesday, August 15, 2007

oh-eight fifteen oh-seven

i wrenched my back today, before i left for work. it hurt like hell, but i didn't think it was bad enough to miss work for.. so in i went.

after two hours of work, i was begging for mercy, and so i went to the minor care clinic.. who referred me on to the emergency department. i spent two and a half hours in the e.d. mostly spent waiting (but it was a short wait, comparably speaking).. they took xrays to make sure i didn't really screw my back nine ways to sunday.. and they gave me non-narcotic pain-reliever and muscle-relaxers. they helped somewhat, but not enough to keep me from going home.

the e.d. wanted me to go home immediately after they released me, but i couldn't do that to the other tech on duty. luckily, while i was gone, the paminator managed to get someone else to come in. so i stayed for another two hours, to make sure as much was done as possible before i left, thereby not leaving the other two techs in a bind.

but now i'm home.. and the diva says she'll take care of me tomorrow.. but until then, i'm going to take the narcotic drugs they prescribed for me for painrelief and muscle relaxation.. and then i'm going to see how long i can wait up to see j before he goes to work.. and then i'm going to drag my carcass off to bed where hopefully a beautifully drugged sleep will help heal my back.

No comments: